Question

Acceptance FME Server - workflows

Badge +8

Hi,

We have recently added a second FME Server for acceptance and to test upgrades etc.

For now I have restored a backup of production content to the acceptance server.

My idea is first create the workspace in acceptance and then bring it into production by changing parameters using named database connections or the path to the SDE connections. The acceptance workspace will be the principal workspace that is edited first for changes and then just pushed to production. Pretty straight forward. Are there any other best practices that we should be aware of?

I see that there is limited Git Hub integration. https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/57930/publish-workflows-from-github-to-fme-server.html We are going to implement Git Hub via Team Foundation Server in the future but it appears you can just check the history and not overwrite a workspace. Do people store 2 versions of the workspaces in Git (one for acceptance and one for production)?

We have 3 teams using the FME Server so it will be a bit difficult to police. I have limited one team to publishing to one repository. As it grows we may restrict who can publish on the servers further as we have just gone through a task of deleting 50 legacy workspaces.

Any thoughts or links to presentations etc welcome.

Thanks,

Annette

0 replies

Be the first to reply!