Question

Reset PostGIS credentials for FME Cloud instance

• 16 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am currently using a fme Cloud-instance without the PostGIS database. I never saved the credentials of the PostGIS database because i have my own dedicated database. This is why i never saved the credentials text file with this information (security risk). 

You can guess what happened... I changed my mind and would like to test the PostGIS database in my current project as a temp database so i can process intermediate results faster. I know that you cannot redownload the credentials file but is there a way to reset the whole PostGIS database and generate new login information for the database? (superuser for the server itself needs to stay intact) No data is in it so i do not mind that is completely reset.

Because you cannot download it again:

WARNING: Do not lose this file. Once you have downloaded this file you cannot download it again, and there is no way to retrieve it.

https://docs.safe.com/fme_cloud/FME_Cloud/Content/About_Instances/Connect_to_Web_UI.htm

https://docs.safe.com/fme_cloud/FME_Cloud/Content/About_Instances/Connect_to_PostGIS_Database.htm#Connect_to_database

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I don't think it can be reset. Terminate the current FME Server instance and re-launch new instance, then you can download a credential file for the new instance. It's the only way, as far as I know.

If you cannot stop the current instance, please contact Safe support to ask if they can reissue the credential file for you.

Badge

I don't think it can be reset. Terminate the current FME Server instance and re-launch new instance, then you can download a credential file for the new instance. It's the only way, as far as I know.

If you cannot stop the current instance, please contact Safe support to ask if they can reissue the credential file for you.

Takashi is correct. We can't actually retrieve the credentials for you either. Once you have downloaded the credentials, we delete the file from our infrastructure for security reasons.

You can either launch a new instance. Or you can take a snapshot of your current instance, and then launch an instance from the snapshot. This also generates new credentials for you.