Question

Accents/Diacritics in Excel formulas

• 26 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I encounter the following problem with the XLSXWriter : 

When I have a TEST.fomula containing accents (for exemple é or É), the formula is not written in my output file.

The following formula for example : 

=IFERROR(SEARCH(CONCATENATE("/";B@Value(LIGNE);"/");W@Value(LIGNE));"PAS TROUVÉ")

Note : I do have a 2nd attribute called TEST, in addition to the TEST.formula attribute containing the formula.

Any idea how to solve this and get my accent in the Excel output ?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @p.jeremie. I'm sorry you ran into this issue. I was able to reproduce it (see attached workspace: InternationalChars_ExcelFormulas.fmwt) and have filed a ticket for our development team (internal reference FMEENGINE-61409). We'll provide any updates to this issue here on this thread. Thanks for reporting this!

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @p.jeremie! The fix for this issue is now available in the latest FME 2020 Beta. Let us know if you encounter any further issues with this. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and helping make FME even better!

Badge

Hi @p.jeremie! The fix for this issue is now available in the latest FME 2020 Beta. Let us know if you encounter any further issues with this. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and helping make FME even better!

@nampreetatsafe Thanks for the fix and the feedback ! I don't have time to test it for now. Maybe later.