Question

Error ArcObjects is: '-2147418113'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

• 27 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I have an strange problem with an Enterprise Geodatabase writer.

We just migrated from FME Server 2018 32bit to FME Server 2019.2 64bit.

Which also means an upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

I have the following error with writes to an Geodatabase.

An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'GEOEDIT.TennetBekendmakingen_vlak_totaal'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147418113'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

Watch the ArcObjects error. No clue 'that helps'.

I had this error at the end of an processing of WFS data to Geodatabase.

To troubleshoot this problem (WFS read has a lot of data so is slow) I wrote te data to insert in the geodatabase to een FFS file.

I made an new workspace that reads the FFS en writes to de Geodatabase.

In my first attempt the write succeeded.

So I decided to implement this on FME Server. Orignal workspace writes to FFS. And the second one from FFS to GeoDb.

And then the funny bit starts.

I've made an automation were i ran the second workspace after the first one is succesful.

Second workspace gets the same error as before.

When I run the same workspace manual (resubmit job) or by Run Workspace function in Server. The workspace runs succesful.

So mine problem is dat the first run always fail en seconds run always run succesful.

I tried a lot of things but not succesful.

The geodatabase is in versioned mode with edits to base. But also tested it with non versioned. With same error.

Also removed OBJECTID attributes to be sure. So its also not een GlobalId issue.

Tried to wait for 3 minutes to start the workspace in an Start python script. Because the second try always work.

Updated the Geodatabase Writer to the latest version.

If any of you have an idea that I can still try. Then I would like to hear that. thanks in advance.

Tibor

Version info:

FME Server: FME Server 2019.2.3 Build 19822 - win64

FME Desktop version: 2019.0.1.0 Build 19253 Win64

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1

Geodatabase on sqlserver 10.5.1

2 replies

Forgot in my previous post. The is not only on FME Server. The same error I get on Desktop.

Badge +11

Hi @tibor,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this error, I noticed a previous post with a similar error and some suggestions for troubleshooting from Mark and David, would you have a try at these steps and let us know how it goes?