Solved

FME Server 2017: two engines (32 and 64 bit)

• 21 August 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a

FME Server 2017.0 - Build 17259 - win64

and I was wondering if it's possible to have a 32 bit engine (2016 v1.2.1: we need it because the APIC plugin is not working with 2017 version) working together with a 64 bit engine (installer with the server).

If it's possible, how can we manage to license all that?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by davideagle 21 August 2017, 18:30

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi - it is possible to install different bit versions of FME Server engines on the same server. The documentation for that is here https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Install_32_and_64_Bit_Engines_On_Same_Machine.htm, however, adding an old 2016 engine to a newer 2017 FME Server core is unlikely to go well. As you mention our APIC plugin I'll forward this thread to your 1Spatial account manager and we can pick up this issue as a support issue instead for you. All the best, David

Badge +2

Hi @mchauvet The APIC plugin is 32bit only so needs a 32bit FME Server engine. What error are you seeing with the plugin of 2017? Is it really the APIC4 plugin or the Elyx plugin?

Hi @mchauvet The APIC plugin is 32bit only so needs a 32bit FME Server engine. What error are you seeing with the plugin of 2017? Is it really the APIC4 plugin or the Elyx plugin?

It is the APIC plugin (We still need APIC4 but we will be soon on ELYX ;-)

For the moment, I cannot see any error because I can't find a way to make the two engines (32 and 64) working together.

Badge +2
It is the APIC plugin (We still need APIC4 but we will be soon on ELYX ;-)

For the moment, I cannot see any error because I can't find a way to make the two engines (32 and 64) working together.

Hi @mchauvet

Did you follow the link from @1spatialdave below?

It's not something I've tried but I know it is possible. Ignore the APIC plugin at the beginning and setup a test Workspace and make sure it can run on the 32 bit engine. When successful, then we can try the APIC plugin.

Also when the engine is configured you have to send specific jobs to that engine.