Solved

Plans for adopting PROJ.5 ?

• 10 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello Safe,

PROJ.5 has just been released, and it seems to be a great improvement to PROJ.4.

It looks like all manner of "difficult" projection will be supported (with polynomials and Helmert), so is Safe planning to take advantage of this, and implement PROJ.5 support e.g. in the next major release ?

I know for a fact, that Danish legacy projections will be implemented shortly (if not already), with full accuracy, and henceforth will be maintained here. This enables centimeter accuracy in reprojections.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 11 March 2018, 06:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Only a few hours before you wrote this, we were meeting about this very topic. It does seem that PROJ.5 has leapt forward. I can't promise an exact timeline, but I strongly believe PROJ.5 will find a way into FME, as we continue to improve our support for all common reprojection options. I do feel bad to ask, but would you mind creating an "idea" so we can track the level of enthusiasm?

Badge

Only a few hours before you wrote this, we were meeting about this very topic. It does seem that PROJ.5 has leapt forward. I can't promise an exact timeline, but I strongly believe PROJ.5 will find a way into FME, as we continue to improve our support for all common reprojection options. I do feel bad to ask, but would you mind creating an "idea" so we can track the level of enthusiasm?

Will do :-)