Question

FME can't read attributes of an ArcGIS relationship class

• 17 August 2016
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

I have (another) issue concerning ArcGIS relationship classes. I created in ArcCatalog a many-to-many relationship class between two feature classes. I didn't use the ObjectIDs für this relationship, as ESRI itself advises againt that. Instead, I used a FeatureID-attribute and filled the actual relationships into the relationship class by using Arcmap. Thus, the relationship class contains the attributes 'RID', 'FID_origin' and 'FID_destination'.

When I read the associated Feature classes together with the relationship class into FME (Reader: "Ignore relationship info" deactivated), I get only 'missing'-values for these three attributes. When I expose the Format attributes 'gdb_rel_origin_oid' and 'gdb_rel_destination_oid', however, I see the ObjectIDs of the associated features.

How can I get FME to read the values of the FID-Attributes? Because I have to update the relationship class regularly based on a attribute table that doesn't have ObjectIDs but these FID-Attributes, the former ones are of no use to me.

Greetings,

André

0 replies

Be the first to reply!