Solved

What commands are there to manipulate the server settings?

• 19 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +13

I have been tinkering with the /opt/fme-engine-2019/fme APPLY_SETTINGS a bit.

I was wondering which other commands and options are there? How are these settings stored?

Browsing the safe-documentation I only found the helpful LIST_SETTINGS and options to configure both python, R and some proxy settings.

I did an upgrade (deinstall - reinstall -restore from backup) and the settings were just as they were previously.

At this moment I would like to 'revert' some entries I made, but DELETE_SETTINGS is not an option apparently. Neither is PURGE_SETTINGS to restore them to the install-default.

Thanks for taking notice..

Martin

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 23 April 2019, 22:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I believe you want the FME Server Console.

This link is for the documentation of the command line console.

Hope this helps.

Badge +13

I believe you want the FME Server Console.

This link is for the documentation of the command line console.

Hope this helps.

The information underneath this link refers more to running workspaces. I am looking for commands to manipulate the server settings, analog to the proxy, R and python.

Badge +2

Hi @martinkoch

When you did the uninstall of FME Server, did you restart the machine before installing again, and check to see if all folders (particularly fme engine related paraphernalia) had been removed prior to doing the new install?

Which settings have you seen that remained after this process?

As far as I'm aware, the APPLY_SETTINGS commands relate to engine specific settings, like proxies, grid shift files, python and r. I haven't found anything else that you can configure that way. The documentation/command line details will be found on the respective documentation pages with the FME Server documentation.

Uninstalling and re-installing the engine might work, but this isn't something that I've tested.
Badge +13

Hi @martinkoch

When you did the uninstall of FME Server, did you restart the machine before installing again, and check to see if all folders (particularly fme engine related paraphernalia) had been removed prior to doing the new install?

Which settings have you seen that remained after this process?

As far as I'm aware, the APPLY_SETTINGS commands relate to engine specific settings, like proxies, grid shift files, python and r. I haven't found anything else that you can configure that way. The documentation/command line details will be found on the respective documentation pages with the FME Server documentation.

Uninstalling and re-installing the engine might work, but this isn't something that I've tested.

Finally got around to messing with the mentioned server again. Will do a reboot and make sure the FME related folders in /opt are gone before reinstalling.