Question

Error creating spatial column 'SHAPE' within table. The user must be the table owner

Badge

Hi guys,

I am currently facing a problem when trying to run a workspace for a particular layer. This workspace works fine for other layers except one.

Could you advise us on what could possibly be the issue? I believe the layer is valid because we are able to manually copy the layer into ArcCatalog and we are able to view the map/image.

"Truncating table 'schema.xxx'

Required columns 'OBJECTID, ' not specified for predefined table 'schema.xxx'.

Using Definition from Database The business table 'schema.xxx' will be modified to have the layer 'SHAPE' added to it. As a result, the table will be able to store geometry

Error creating spatial column 'SHAPE' within table 'schema.xxx'. :SDE_ERROR_CODE(-96) The user must be the table owner

Destination Feature Type Routing Correlator(RoutingFactory): Error creating spatial column 'SHAPE' within table 'schema.xxx'. :SDE_ERROR_CODE(-96) The user must be the table owner"

This is currently happening in our Production environment so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,

Wei Jie

2 replies

Badge +7
Hi @chiaweijie1991,

Thanks for your question. From the sounds of the error it looks like you're running into a permissions/ownership problem with this particular table because your workflow requires a column to be added. If you make a new copy of the feature class in ArcCatalog and try to write to it, does it work? Are you able to attach your complete log file here for further troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Nathan

Badge

Hi Nathan,

I tried doing sp_table_privileges for the problematic table and it is similar to the other tables. I do not quite understand how to 'make a new copy of the feature class in ArcCatalog and try to write to it'. Sorry I have not use FME before.

fmelog-edited.txt