Question

Mapinfo to CAD Translation using FME Workbench

Hi

I am fairly new to FME products. I have received a request to translate all OS Mastermap coverage for Bath area into CAD - normally straightforward - however the client is wanting it broken down firstly into 1 KM tiles and secondly into split CAD layers.

Could somebody tell me if there is a relatively easy way to this using the FME Workbench software, to be able to breakdown single files into multiple small geosquares and layers without too much difficulty?

Thanks

David Haycock

Bath and North East Somerset

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I have little experience with CAD layers, so I'll defer this question to somebody else.

But you can use the Tiler transformer to split your dataset into suitable areas before writing them.

David
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

The tiler or a clipper will split the data, a feature type fan out on the writer will produce the CAD layers.

So if you want to create a CAD file per tile and within the CAD file have different layers, you can best use a writer fan out on the attribute containing the tile id, along with a feature type fan out in the writer on the attribute containing the layer name.

Itay