Question

Are there plans for Civil 3D Survey Database support?

• 29 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, I'm new to FME and I'm wondering if FME supports connections to Civil 3D survey databases?

This would be helpful for syncing attributes in a projects survey database with other databases. More specifically point data in survey databases for my needs.

I know Autodesk added a survey api in 2017 and they've upgraded the file type of the survey database in 2018. Project survey databases reside in the project folder and use data shortcuts in Civil 3D to connect the database to the projects drawings. The database is a Microsoft® SQL Server® Compact 3.5 database. New and converted survey database files for 2018 have the file extensions SDBX and SDXX.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If it is not available and you have a need for this support, post it as an idea: New Idea

If it is not available and you have a need for this support, post it as an idea: New Idea

Will do. Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @paulmascaro

I spoke to one of our developers and currently, we don't have direct Civil 3D survey database support, but depending on the file format, there is a possible workaround.

In order to find the correct workaround for you, we require a sample dataset. You can upload the file to the community for others to help find a workaround or if the dataset is confidential you can submit a case with us.