Solved

When starting FME Server services I get a 1068 error code, what does this mean?

• 11 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

When starting the FME Server core service, I get the following 1068 error:

"Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start"

I've set all of the FME services to run as a service account, and when I swap it back to local system it's fine.

icon

Best answer by jlutherthomas 11 October 2017, 23:28

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

FME Server Core service is dependent on the FME Server Database service. You can check this by right clicking on the FME Server Core, then Properties > Dependencies and it will say that the Database is needed for the core.

If you swap the database service back to local system account, and restart the services (leaving core, engines and web server as desired account), that should work.

Alternatively, there may be a incorrect permissions on the FME Server System Share. Please ensure the accounts running FME Server Service have read and write permissions to the FME Server System Share (specified at install).

Badge +21

FME Server Core service is dependent on the FME Server Database service. You can check this by right clicking on the FME Server Core, then Properties > Dependencies and it will say that the Database is needed for the core.

If you swap the database service back to local system account, and restart the services (leaving core, engines and web server as desired account), that should work.

Alternatively, there may be a incorrect permissions on the FME Server System Share. Please ensure the accounts running FME Server Service have read and write permissions to the FME Server System Share (specified at install).

Thanks, found this via Google search and saved me a headache!