Question

Max Number of Features Per Feature Type for a FeatureReader?

• 25 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Somewhat simple question that I have not been able to find much info about: is there any possible way to set the max number of features per feature type in a FeatureReader? Or, is there any sort of workaround to have the same effect?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @minorsecond,

It doesn't look like the FeatureReader has a parameter to support reading the max number of features per feature type at the moment. However the 'Max Features to Read' is the number read per initiator, so one workaround might be:

1. Before the FeatureReader define the Feature Types you are going to read in within an attribute
  2. In the FeatureReader set the Feature Types to Read to this attribute - this would then only come out of the generic port
  3. Set the Max Features to Read, this action is on each initiator, so will now be per feature type.
  4. Since the output is coming out of the Generic Port you will have to manually set up any additional attributes you'd like to expose.

I've attached a workspace to try and better demonstrate my thoughts featurereader.fmwt

There is an existing idea for a separate parameter, although it hasn't had much activity you may like to add your vote: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/25361/add-a-max-feature-to-read-per-feature-type-paramet.html