Solved

How to update records using EAM Software web services

• 18 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

We are trying to update/insert/delete records within a Enterprise Asset Management system using the software's web service endpoints. We take information from our CAD/GIS environment and need to feed it into the EAM environment using these web services. I understand the records need to be appropriately formatted but I am confused on how to actually "write" these records out the EAM software's endpoints. I have done some web searching with little luck. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on how to get a solution like this off the ground.

icon

Best answer by lopes8 21 June 2018, 01:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32
Sounds like you want to work with an API? Any documentation?
Badge +1
Sounds like you want to work with an API? Any documentation?
Yes, I think that is correct. We are trying to update/insert/delete records within an Infor EAM asset management system. Below is the documentation i can find.

https://espace.cern.ch/cmms-service/faq/D7i%20Extended/8.%20How%20to%20use%20Infor%20EAM%20Web%20Services.aspx

Userlevel 6
Badge +32
Yes, I think that is correct. We are trying to update/insert/delete records within an Infor EAM asset management system. Below is the documentation i can find.

https://espace.cern.ch/cmms-service/faq/D7i%20Extended/8.%20How%20to%20use%20Infor%20EAM%20Web%20Services.aspx

You can use SOAP requests to do this using FME. Technically you need to send a request to the endpoint, using the HTTPCaller, with the request in XML in the body. You can use SoapUI to read the WSDL and build the correct request body.

This article is a good starting point.

In general API's work with token authentication, so you chain the requests:

- Get a token using your credentials.

- Make another request, use token aquired in previous step to authenticate.
Badge +1
You can use SOAP requests to do this using FME. Technically you need to send a request to the endpoint, using the HTTPCaller, with the request in XML in the body. You can use SoapUI to read the WSDL and build the correct request body.

Perfect. This is very helpful and gets me exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Badge +1

The answer is to use the HTTPCaller transformer to submit XML to the API end point.

Badge +1

Hi there, I am able to make a call and get a response but I now need to change the value and use another web service to update the feature in EAM. I am not sure how to update the attribute in XML. I can see the attribute i want to update in the response body but am at a loss as to how to update it using a value from the updated AutoCAD file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Badge +2

Hi there, I am able to make a call and get a response but I now need to change the value and use another web service to update the feature in EAM. I am not sure how to update the attribute in XML. I can see the attribute i want to update in the response body but am at a loss as to how to update it using a value from the updated AutoCAD file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @lopes8, Thanks for your latest question. I'm no expert on XML update. But I did some search in the Community, and it appears that XMLUpdator is the transformer to look into. In this Forum thread, Takashi gave some detailed steps using an example. Maybe it will be helpful to you as well.

If you still struggle with this, after following Takashi's example, I think it might be a good idea to post a separate New Question with some more details on your XML update scenario. That way, you might get more eyes on your question, and more people to provide suggestions.

Cheers,