Question

DNG Text relation with geometry

• 30 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have a dng file that In print, the text information (i.e. codes) is in rectangular boxes linked (only visually I think) with arrows that point the corresponding geometry.

However, When I imported the dng in FME, the geometry remains at the proper spatial place, but all text is moved to (0,0) therefore even the visual connection is lost.

What I am trying to do, is to relate the text as an attribute in the geometry. However, it does not look like there is any sort of linking that could help me do this.

I would appreciate any sort of ideas on how to process this, my question is too vague so I do not expect a specific methodology set. How could we relate text information from dng with its corresponding geometry?

Thank you for your time.

3 replies

Badge +2
Hi @georgefloros. Seeing you haven't got any responses on this question, I think our experts might need to see a sample of your data to understand what is happening. Would you be able to share the dgn file that can demonstrate the problem?

Badge +8
Hi @georgefloros , could you please share your data or perjhaps provide a screenshot of the issue? Thanks.

Badge

Hello @XiaomengAtSafe, @gisinnovationsb,

Thank you for your interest. My apologies for the confusion, my question was quite (if not at all!) vague. Nevertheless, I have figured a workaround, so my original problem is solved.

Thank you again,

George