Solved

Return floating license after run workbench

• 25 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a few workbenches that are executed from a batch file nightly that are being used with a "SYSTEM" login (instead of a user like me) and I was seeing if there is a way to have a script or tool that once those workbenches are done that it returns the floating license for us users during the day. We only have 2 floating licenses.

icon

Best answer by apence231 26 March 2019, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Floating licenses are automatically returned to the license pool once every FME process for that user terminates. Is that not the case here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It is possible to use the command line tools that come with FlexLM to monitor and kick users (not physically of course...)

See here for an overview. The tool you're looking for is lmremove:

lmutil lmremove <feature> <user> <host> <display>
Badge

Where's the facepalm emoji when you need it...I just checked the task manager on the server that has the automated processes on them and looks like they were still running, so FME was still 'technically' running-I killed the tasks then checked licenses again and they were all available. So upgraded script to make sure FME closes out completely. But thanks for the command line tool @redgeographics! I'll keep that handy just in case. And thanks @david_r for the comment-that is what made me look at the task manager to see if it was still running.