Question

Using transformers to extract one or many shapes into a polygon dataset based on a table join relationship to a point featureclass

@username: Greetings, I am trying to figure out how to complete a FME equivalent of an Oracle 'spatial join' where I read an address point feature class table, and for each record in this table extract a roofline polygon feature (based on joining an attribute 'Roof_GISID') with all associated attributes populating in the roofline dataset.. For those rooflines that are not addressed I would need this to be pulled into the final dataset as well. I have been using the FeatureJoiner transformer and can successfully seem to walk the tables and pull all associated polygons, but the attributes from the address points do not populate. Effectively what I am trying to achieve is denormalized dataset (flattened out), that a user of ArcGIS can query a stacked set of polygons and see all associated addresses without needing to use the 'Relate' option. I am using the Data Interop extension of FME in ArcPro 2.2.

thanks!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!