Question

Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server for SQL 2017?

• 2 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

(Cross posting hoping to get more visibility... also posted here.)

Anyone run into issues with SQL Server 2017 and FME Server? I have been testing FME Server 2018.1 with SQL 2017 and I run into to:

Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Writer: Failed to connect using SQL Server 2012 Native Client. Provider error ''. Connection string 'Provider=SQLNCLI11;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=null;User ID=;Password=********' 
 Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Writer: Trying to connect using SQL Server 2008 Native Client... 
 Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Writer: Failed to connect using SQL Server 2008 Native Client. Provider error 'Description: Class not registered'. Connection string 'Provider=SQLNCLI10;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=null;User ID=;Password=********' 
 Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Writer: A suitable Microsoft SQL Server Native Client is not found. Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client from http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=29065 . Please expand 'Install Instructions' and download 'sqlncli.msi' 
 Failed to open writer 
 Failed to open writer 
 Destination Feature Type Routing Correlator(RoutingFactory): Failed to open writer 
 Failed to open writer 

So I figured I needed to get a newer version of Native Client. But there is none for 2017. So...

"Instead, use the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) which will be updated with the most recent server features. " (from Microsoft)

Tried that, and I still get the same error message. I can run my workbenches just fine in Desktop but FME Server blows up. Not sure if FME can't find/see the MSOLEDBSQL?

2 replies

Badge +2

@agelfert FME Server and FME Engines run under the local services account. Perhaps when you install your native client make sure you install for all users (administrator). Make sure you've matched FME 64 bit to Native Client 64 bit or FME 32bit with Native Client 32bit.

Badge

Hello,

I have a workspace to export fme configuration from fme 2016. I tried backup but for some reasons it didn't work and that's why I wont to read fme configuration and export it to ffs file just to have a backup.

Everything works fine for all feature types except for:

0684Q00000ArDm9QAF.png

This one is quite big and I get an exception after 10 min of running:

2019-07-15 09:38:03|   2.6|  0.1|ERROR |FME Server Configuration : Unable to connect to FME Server, please verify the provided URL and ensure that the target server and its REST service are running.  The error was `Connection reset'
2019-07-15 09:38:03|   2.6|  0.0|FATAL |The below feature caused the translation to be terminated
2019-07-15 09:38:03|   2.6|  0.0|INFORM|FME Session Duration: 10 minutes 51.4 seconds. (CPU: 1.2s user, 0.2s system)
2019-07-15 09:38:03|   2.6|  0.0|INFORM|END - ProcessID: 12028, peak process memory usage: 3251268 kB, current process memory usage: 3250208 kB

I'm sure that URL is correct and credentials as well because I have problem only with this feature type. I suppose that there is a connection timeout or sth similar. 

Do you know if I can change it somehow? 

If not is there an option not to export logs from shared resources?

Thanks for any help!