Solved

Writing to zipped GDB with truncate gives error

• 13 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there -

We're simply trying to push an SDE feature class into a zipped GDB using the "Insert" and "Truncate Existing" options. However, when we do this we receive a "Feature class must exist" message.

The alternatives of using "Create if needed" and "Drop and create" aren't ideal because they recreate a Feature dataset that we don't want to see in the output.

Are we doing something wrong? Or is it simply that FME cannot read a zipped geodatabase?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 26 May 2020, 02:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @mk_gdic,

Thanks for posting this question! I'm sorry you ran into this. I was able to reproduce the same error message using both File Geodatabase Writers :

• Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb), and
  • Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API)

I've created a ticket for our development team to look into this (Internal Reference: FMEENGINE-59916). I'll post updates for you here.

Badge +10

Hi @mk_gdic,

Thanks for posting this question! I'm sorry you ran into this. I was able to reproduce the same error message using both File Geodatabase Writers :

• Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb), and
  • Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API)

I've created a ticket for our development team to look into this (Internal Reference: FMEENGINE-59916). I'll post updates for you here.

Hi @mk_gdic,

Our development team reviewed this issue and determined that FME doesn't handle updating (writing to) existing zip files.

I haven't been able to find any other request for this enhancement. If it's important for you, I would suggest posting a new Idea, and mention this internal reference: FMEENGINE-59916.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this.