Question

Sorter is changing attribute values after a FeatureJoiner

I am using a sorter in 2019.0 right after a FeatureJoiner. I have two fields where all the values are changed after the Sorter. I create the fields using the sub() function in an AttributeManager before the join and sort. Many of the values are null. On the other side of the Sorter they're numeric with a maximum of 255 (telling). Anyone else observed this? If I run the Sorter prior to the Joiner I do not see this error. I'm sorting on a couple of other fields, and neither of the fields that are being updated.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Looks like an issue to submit to www.safe.com/support

Userlevel 4

I agree with @erik_jan, if it's a bug it's better to report it directly to Safe.

However, make sure you also send them a minimal workspace that demonstrates the issue, it will make it a lot easier for Safe to isolate the problemand, by consequence, much more likely to be fixed soon.

Badge +6

Hi @jimparker99

Would you mind submitting a case here: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

with your workspace that you are experiencing the issue with, please? This will allow us to see the behavior and determine how best to address it.