Solved

Converting a TIF to a JPG

• 13 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am trying to convert an image I have that is in TIF format to a JPG format. I've done it before but just forgot the path. If anyone has any suggestions of tips please let me know thank you!

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 14 February 2018, 00:20

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi @sightglass26_

you need a TIFF or Geo TIFF Reader and a JPEG Writer in your workspace. After you connect the two and run your translation, you will get your source tif-file converted into JPG. You can do more using Reader and Writer parameters and/or transformers.

Badge

capture.jpg

Please see attached. There is an 'extra bands' error. We have it set up the way you guys showed us last time, but we are getting an error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @sightglass26_,

Rather than the RasterSelector and RasterbandKeeper, it might be easier to use a RasterInterpretationCoercer to convert the raster to RGB32, which is suitable for JPG output.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @sightglass26_,

Rather than the RasterSelector and RasterbandKeeper, it might be easier to use a RasterInterpretationCoercer to convert the raster to RGB32, which is suitable for JPG output.

Probably "RGB32" is a typo. I suppose that "RGB24" is intended here ;-)

Badge

Hi @sightglass26_,

Dave, great! that gets us a JPG2000 file, but I can't send that to the printer. How do I get it to a standard .jpg?