Question

DXF export with fill color for areas

• 16 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a problem with exporting dxf file. I use shp file reader to import polygons and i would like to export them to dxf format (dxf file will be used later in old version of GlobalMapper). I dont know how to export dxf with fill colors. Which writer should i use and which options must be selected to get polygons (not lines ) with fill color.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @kbachmatiuk,

To convert from shapefile to dxf, you can use the Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF writer. As for fill colours, you can do that using the fme_fill_color (string) attribute. You can expose this attribute when reading in your shapefile by going to Parameters, and selecting fme_fill_color in Additional Attributes to Expose. Then you can set the fme_fill_color using the AttributeManager. Since it's a string, you can specify the Attribute Value as an RGB colour (ex. Green 0,1,0). Remember to expose the same attribute in the writer Format Attributes to write it out.

Head's up that you can also set the outline color (fme_color) in the same way or using the DWGStyler. Hope this helps!

-Jovita

Thank you for your answer, I managed to export outer line color but still nothing in the fill color, not sure what can be wrong, will have to maybe test it more.