Question

Expression Evaluator with TWO csv files

• 6 August 2013
  • 4 replies

I have a workspace with two csv readers. I am trying to subtract an amount from a field in each reader. It will not work correctly with two readers. I tried the same expression with one csv reader subtracting from two fields and it works fine. I need it to be two csv files so I can make them public parameters to do some calculations then merge back into one csv file.

Thanks,

Chad

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Chad,

Do both attributes hav the same name? this can be a reason for failure.

Another misconception is that if you direct two data streams into the expression evaluatoer, you think you can use values form both streams.

You can merge both datasets into 1 stream (prefixing one of them) and input that into the expression evaluator. The uncoditional feature merger from the FME store  can help you with that.

Hope this helps.
They have different names one is col3 and one is col4. I came to the conclusion the evaluator could only use one stream and now I am trying to combine them somehow. The merger you are talking about is different than the one in desktop?

Chad
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
yes it will merge everything with everything, see documentation.

You can also just create an attribute (say myatt) with value 1, on both dataset and use that on the regular merger
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

Additional information: new regular FeatureMerger of FME 2013 SP2 can be used to unconditional merge without adding new attribute to input features. That is to say, we can specify a constant value to the "Join On" parameters for both of Reaquester and Supplier.

New FeatureMerger has been improved in many respects :-)

Takashi