Question

Testing shapefile after PointOnAreaOverlayer?

Badge

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with testing a dataset after putting it through an POAOverlayer. I've got a shapefile with buffered points going into the area input and a shapefile of just points going into the point input. The output contains the data that I need with regard to having a clip of points within my areas of interest, but I need to test each individual area (200 of them) against the points within it and can't think of a way for the life of me.

I have tried a tester, but unfortunately this tests the whole datasets against each other, at least it did for the test I tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @samfarns,

You could try adding a counter (something to create a unique ID) after your buffer and then in the POAO under attribute accumulation check Generate list on Output 'Point' . In here choose 'Selected Attributes' to add to point list and select the _count attribute you just created. Now each point will contain a list of the areas it falls into which you could use to test against rather than testing all 200.

Could you expand a little further on what you are testing for between the two datasets and I can see if I'm along the right lines.

Holly

Badge

Hi @samfarns,

You could try adding a counter (something to create a unique ID) after your buffer and then in the POAO under attribute accumulation check Generate list on Output 'Point' . In here choose 'Selected Attributes' to add to point list and select the _count attribute you just created. Now each point will contain a list of the areas it falls into which you could use to test against rather than testing all 200.

Could you expand a little further on what you are testing for between the two datasets and I can see if I'm along the right lines.

Holly

Hey @hollyatsafe!

That sounds like a genius idea and one which I hadn't thought of!

I'm testing for heights between two datasets, I'm only looking for the points which are taller than the buffered area.

It sounds like the counter will help sort this problem. I'll have a go and get back to you if it doesn't.

Thank you!

Sam