Question

Counter output a feature

• 16 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hi, I tried using a counter in "group by" mode, i.e., by using a countername from an attribute. Feeding the Counter Name attribute from an attribute that has numeric value, produces an error: "Termination Message: 'Counter output a <Rejected> feature. To continue...". I want to count the records for each value in an attribute.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Hi Helmoet,

To count the number of records for each value in an attribute, you can use the StatisticsCalculator, group by the attribute.

Hope this helps.

Erik Jan

Badge +8

This is what I tried:

- Supply a non-numeric counter name --> Same error

- Try find out BADNEWs messages--> Same error, only info about continuation after rejected

- Just continue both Output and Rejected ports (because the count was definitely there...)

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

On the other hand, your workflow should work.

I tested it , using FME 2019.0, and got the right result:

Badge +8

Hi, @erik_jan, thanks for thinking with me. At the end the trouble appears not to be in the Counter transformer. I used a dynamic setup, however the features reaching the Counter transformer did not have a feature type that was foreseen in the available schema resources in the workspace (due to a previous SQLExecutor). And "it happend" to be the Counter transformer that reported the problem (whereas the writer should have done this). I did an explicit backup of the featuretype and the problem disappeared.

Note: I was trying to generate G3E_CID values for the Intergraph Component Model, which at the end succeeded this way.