Solved

Module FME_ADO is unavailable for use with this FME edition

• 24 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a workspace that reads data out of SQL Spatial, reprojects it and inserts it into a series of ArcSDE featureclasses. It runs perfectly fine in workbench, however after publishing it to FME Server and running it I received the above error.

As well, there was a warning Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/FME_ADO.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library. As well, there was a warning that the FME_ADO.dll was found but could not be loaded.

I only installed FME Server yesterday, so perhaps there is something I missed??

Creating reader for format: Microsoft SQL Server Spatial 41INFORM0.03.1Today at 14:53:12Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `MSSQL_SPATIAL' 42WARN0.03.1Today at 14:53:12Library 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\plugins/FME_ADO.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library 43INFORM0.03.1Today at 14:53:12Loaded module 'MSSQL_SPATIAL' from file 'C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\FME.dll' 44ERROR0.03.1Today at 14:53:12Module 'FME_ADO' is unavailable for use with this FME edition 45INFORM0.03.1Today at 14:53:12FME Session Duration: 6.3 seconds. (CPU: 2.7s user, 0.5s system)
icon

Best answer by chris_rmw 25 August 2016, 22:06

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

@chris_rmw Did you install FME Server on a Linux based system? that could cause the error Module 'FME_ADO' is unavailable for use with this FME edition

Badge +1

@ciarab No, the install is on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Badge +1

From Safe Technical Support - "since you are using ArcSDE writer, 32-bit might be a better bet. Or you can install the ArcGIS 64-bit background processing.

Installed ArcGIS 64-bit background processing and error went away.

Badge +9

From Safe Technical Support - "since you are using ArcSDE writer, 32-bit might be a better bet. Or you can install the ArcGIS 64-bit background processing.

Installed ArcGIS 64-bit background processing and error went away.

So the error was related to ArcSDE and not SQL Spatial?