Question

Data Inspector crashes when reading Lidar(las-files)

Badge

I have a workspace where I fetch las-files and clip them with a bounding box. I connected an inspector after the clip-transformer and the Inspector starts up but then crashes. The las-files are indeed created, and I can open them with i.e ArcGis Pro. I have also tried to open several of the original las-files with the Data Inspector but no success. I am using FME( 2019.0.1.0 (20190506 - Build 19253 - WIN64). I have also the 32bit-version installed(2019.0.1.0 (20190506 - Build 19253 - WIN32)) and the data inspector fails in the same way. I have run out of ideas and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +2

Maybe take a look at this post.

Seems to be the same problem with 3d data. The solution was to update the graphic drivers.
Badge

Maybe take a look at this post.

Seems to be the same problem with 3d data. The solution was to update the graphic drivers.

Thank you! You saved the week! How could I've been so stupid that I forgot about the graphic driver. I am ashamed. Fortunately, my holiday starts the day after tomorrow and I will have time to cool down my poor brain. Thanks again!