Question

Unbalanced parenthesis in SDE Reader/Writer password.

• 5 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

Good day!

Does FME password parameter into SDE Reader/Writer sensitive to symbols?

I encountered a problem with SDE connection parameters. Some of our SDE connection passwords contain one parenthesis. And when I try to connect via SDE Reader/Writer with parenthesized password value I have an error message:

'Unbalanced parenthesis encountered on line 13 of file ***** -- line was `"DEFAULT_MACRO" SDE30_IN_PASSWORD pas(sword'

Program Terminating'

I've never seen this error before in previous FME version (2013), as I remember...

Does it is really and is it an innovation?

Thanks)

4 replies

Badge
An your current version of FME Desktop is?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
An your current version of FME Desktop is?

Yes, pretty sure that modern FMEs will not have this problem, though if you'd added your SDE Reader or Writer to your workspace with an older FME you may need to re-add a new one and delete the old one. (Kinda sad for me to see an error like this -- tough to see a bad programming decision of 20+ years ago living on to bite folks. Sorry everyone! But honest it is fixed in new FMEs...)

Badge

@daleatsafe

We use FME 2015.1.2.1 (15539) and we have this problem. What is the new version where this problem was fixed? I am absolutely sure I did not seen this problem with FME 2013.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@daleatsafe

We use FME 2015.1.2.1 (15539) and we have this problem. What is the new version where this problem was fixed? I am absolutely sure I did not seen this problem with FME 2013.

I'm surprised it was there in that build. BUt if you can send your workspace in to support@safe.com we can make a small manual tweak to it and it should be okay thereafter and we'll send it back to you.