Question

license

• 9 January 2018
  • 1 reply

It has been awhile - but will be getting a new machine and will need to reinstall fme. In previous versions I was able to identify the path to our floating license server, but cannot figure out how to do this in my current version. I am running 2016.0.1.2(20160318 - Build 16178 - win64). Where can I go to identify or reset our floating license server?

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi @pickusj,

Thanks for posting to the community Q&A; forum! If I am understanding correctly, you are acquiring a new client machine to run FME and you are not sure what the hostname of the license server is? If you are acquiring a new client machine to run FME, and do not know what the address of your license server is, you can check on your current machine by going to Help --> About FME Workbench --> More Info. Here it will tell you the name of the license server you are currently connected to. Another way to determine this would be to run the licensing assistant on your current machine; this will also show the name of the license server you are currently connected to. If I'm off track about the issue, please let me know and I would be happy to assist further!

Cheers,

Annabelle