Question

point at intersection

• 22 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I have two polygon layers where de boundaries doesnt match. I need to add a vertex at each place where the two boundaries intersects. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm trying differents things but i haven't found the right way.

Thx

9 replies

Userlevel 4

Have you tried the Intersector? You'll want the Node features.

Example:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes i did but i'll get al lot of nodes, not only at the intersections. So i'm currently trying to filter out the nodes on the intersections by a spatial filter and then use the vertex creator to add a vertex at that point in the polygon shape. But it doesn't seem to work very well.

Userlevel 4

That sounds strange. Could you post an example (screendump or sample dataset) here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

That sounds strange. Could you post an example (screendump or sample dataset) here?

This is my first model, very simple. I just want a node where there is an intersection between the tho layers with polygons

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

zcartografiewerkmappenaalstnathalie2018fmeprobleem.jpg

This is the result

Userlevel 4

This is the result

It's difficult to see what's going on here, could you post a screenshot zoomed in on two polygons, and also include the polygons themselves?
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The thick lines (zgb) is the layer where I want to add the vertexes where he crosses the thin lines (gemeenten). But I also get nodes where they do not cross each other.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

zcartografiewerkmappenaalstnathalie2018fmeprobleem.zip My data is to large, i have extract a sample

Userlevel 4

It looks like you have several polygons that overlap but with tiny imperfections (probably due to different tolerances and/or number of significant digits), which in turn creates a lot of "faulty" intersections. You'll probably have to clean up your data somewhat before calculating the intersections.

One solution could be to use a Snapper (mode "segment snapping" and with a tolerance of e.g. 0.01) on both datasets. This results in 311 nodes on your sample dataset:

An alternative could be to use the FME 2018 beta (download here) which has a tolerance setting in the Intersector.