Question

FME Server 2018 installation stalls

• 1 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I'v downloaded FME Server 2018 (fme-server-2018.1.0.3-b18552-win-x64) but when I start the installation, after copying the files the setup process stalls (no progress) and stops half way. No errors/signals/etc.

What's going wrong? My user is admin.

Thanx in regards, Erwin

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @reijnen

Is this an Express install of FME Server?

A few things you could check:

1. Has a windows pop up/notification come up asking if it's ok to make changes? Sometimes when I'm installing I don't notice this appear and can be wondering for a while why it isn't doing anything.
  2. Have you tried re-downloading the installer, just in case something got corrupted the first time?
  3. Has the FME Server System Share been created? By default this would be located in C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\ unless you've specified another location during the install wizard. If this hasn't been created then I would make sure the local system has explicit permissions to read/write in that location.
  4. There are some log files in C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\resources\\logs\\installation\\ - have these been written for you, and do they contain any clues to what might be going wrong?
  5. I've never tried this, but if the other suggestions don't give you any ideas you could check the Event Viewer in Windows. I wonder if there'd be anything under Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.
Badge

Hi @reijnen

1. Has a windows pop up/notification come up asking if it's ok to make changes? Sometimes when I'm installing I don't notice this appear and can be wondering for a while why it isn't doing anything.
  2. Have you tried re-downloading the installer, just in case something got corrupted the first time?
  3. Has the FME Server System Share been created? By default this would be located in C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\ unless you've specified another location during the install wizard. If this hasn't been created then I would make sure the local system has explicit permissions to read/write in that location.
  4. There are some log files in C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\resources\\logs\\installation\\ - have these been written for you, and do they contain any clues to what might be going wrong?
  5. I've never tried this, but if the other suggestions don't give you any ideas you could check the Event Viewer in Windows. I wonder if there'd be anything under Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.

Thanx for your answer @jlutherthomas

I attached the logfile from the installation (initdb.txt)

I ran the installer again (repair-option) and now the windowsservices are running (3 services, Core, Databases, Engines). But when I try to start the web GUI (server:8080) I get the "503 Service Unavailable"-error.

Is it wise to continue with this installation or do I have to reïnstall with a re-downloaded installer.

Badge

Hi @reijnen

I re-downloaded the installer and this time it stops on "creating information schema ... ", for what I can read in de initdb.log. So it gets a few steps further but stalls again.