Question

ORA-01002: Error

• 23 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I'm getting this following error while connecting to oracle database and reading shape and metadata from oracle table

2020-01-23 14:34:22| 2.1| 0.0|ERROR |BADNEWS: An error occurred while fetching from query `SELECT SDO_VERSION FROM DUAL' : OCI_NO_DATA StatusInfo *STFDB_OCIStatement::fetch(STK_UInt32, STK_UInt32 &)(foundation/framework/util/dbwrap/ocistmt.cpp:661) - StatusInfo *STFDB_OCIStatement::fetch(STK_UInt32, STK_UInt32 &)(foundation/framework/util/dbwrap/ocistmt.cpp:661)

For every sql query in the workspace, I get following error message

ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence StatusInfo *STFDB_OCIStatement::fetch(STK_UInt32, STK_UInt32 &)(foundation/framework/util/dbwrap/ocistmt.cpp:661) - StatusInfo *STFDB_OCIStatement::fetch(STK_UInt32, STK_UInt32 &)(foundation/framework/util/dbwrap/ocistmt.cpp:661)

Query runs fine and fetches result but there are a lot of errors I notice. Is this complaining about Oracle Instant Client ?

Any input related on this would be appreciated

1 reply

Userlevel 4

The BADNEWS messages aren't errors as such, but debug messages that are (usually) handled automatically by FME. In most cases you can simply ignore them, the easiest is to disable the debug messages in the FME Options. This is also the default setting.