Question

Unable to write from SDE to PostGIS in FME 2015.1

Badge +6

I get this error while writing from SDE to PostGIS. The job runs forever and doesn't do anything.

The specified coordinate exceeds the valid coordinate range

It has around 20K features. The features doesn't even read through inspector. But if I update the filter to have around 10K features, it does write.

There is no issue with the features for sure. Just wondering if there is any limitation from SDE? I haven't seen this before and definitely it worked before for writing more than 100K features.

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +16

The error is because the coordinate domain of your data is outside that allowed in PostGIS. I have seen this a lot writing to SDE but I haven't used PostGIS in years, although the error is the same wording as from SDE. The coordinate domains for XY and Z are separate things, check both.

Badge +6

The error is because the coordinate domain of your data is outside that allowed in PostGIS. I have seen this a lot writing to SDE but I haven't used PostGIS in years, although the error is the same wording as from SDE. The coordinate domains for XY and Z are separate things, check both.

@bruceharold - Thanks your comment.

If coordinate domain is wrong, how does it still write if I filter for around 10K features.

Also, how do I set the coordinate domains for PostGIS writers?