Question

Having problems with the first row of data written using excel writer

• 20 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi folks, I've had a look through the knowledge base and tried to find another reference to this, but cannot find the same problem.

I have a workbench that pulls data from a couple of our postgres databases, checks it against data in an excel workbook, and, where required, appends new rows to the bottom of the excel worksheet.

I'm using the excel writer in insert mode, and using overwrite set to no, having identified the location to start writing by checking the existing data and using an attribute called rownum with a counter to give the row number attribute for the rows to be written to. As this is an existing data sheet the header rows already exist, so the output field names is set to 'No'

The existing excel workbook being written to contains a large amount of formatting and conditional formatting, so I have left this as existing rather than trying to apply any formatting via the excel writer or the excel styler transformer. Almost everything works fine, apart from the first row posted each time, where the formatting for the cells does not appear correctly.

I've tried everything I can think of, so if anyone could provide any suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

2 replies

Badge +4

@stevekj since your post mentions "having identified the location to start writing".

Have you tried starting to write from a different row, where formatting has been applied to see if the formatting appears correctly?

just my two cents!

happy fme-ing :-)

srg

Badge

@stevekj since your post mentions "having identified the location to start writing".

Have you tried starting to write from a different row, where formatting has been applied to see if the formatting appears correctly?

just my two cents!

happy fme-ing :-)

srg

thanks for the suggestion - already tried that, it seems to be happening to the first row pasted, regardless of where this is written to within the excel worksheet.