Question

ArcObjects '-2147467259' error while updating geodatabase table

• 16 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am using ArcSDE Writer to write to an Esri Geodatabase table in my FME workbench.

The workbench run on the FME server daily and I noticed that sometimes the workbench fails.

When I check the log I get the error below:

Error while updating feature in the table/feature class 'GAS.gValve'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147467259'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

I also have another workbench that uses the same writer to write to another geodatabase table and randomly I get the same error.

I would like to know what does this error means and if there is any changes I can make to resolve this issue.

Is this an ESRI issue or an FME issue?

We are using ArcGIS 10.2.1c and python 2.7 and FME Desktop/Server 2019.1 32 bit.

@mark2atsafe

2 replies

Badge +11

This is a pretty generic error number (-2147467259) and is sometimes associated with an error message that is sometimes useful and sometimes not. It typically indicates a problem at the database (so neither FME or ArcGIS ;) ).

Perhaps check with the DBA to see if they can see if there are any reports of problems (if Oracle, check the database Alert Log or have the DBA do a trace. If SQL Server, and you can run the workspace again get the DBA to trace).

Another cause is a lock on the table... the database reports it but something like ArcGIS has a lock on the table that you are attempting to update and the error is returned.

Because it is random it's hard to say with certainty what the problem might be.

Badge

Thanks for the advice. I will try these options.