Question

I would like to read all Civil Object Pipes from 2 differently named acad Civil 3D pipe networks within one feature drawing and write to esrishape so I can differentiate them by aec_netpart_style or aec_netpart_network.

• 15 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm able to run a drawing that has one Pipe network with Civil object Pipe and Pipe3d readers. When I have a drawing with Design and Existing water networks it only reads the existing. I've tried adding attribute manager and exposer which helped reading blocknames in the structures workbench. I've tried adding (importing) two layer features as all pipes are on C3D Pipes layer and Ex-Water and D-Water layers but I think using two different types of readers (objects and layers) is not working. Hello FME Community thank you for looking at my question. I'm new to FME, this is my first series of workbenches. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge

Looking at my question: I don't need to read both pipe networks in the same session I just need to be able to read (see) each of the networks in the drawing instead of having FME always picking the same one. I certainly don't mind running the workbench for each pipe network. ( water, sanitary & storm ) and would like to know how to toggle the reader to do so. Thank you.

Badge

With every FME workbench, there is invariably some extra preparation of the feature drawing. Sometimes this occurs more than others, for example like exploding Civil 3d structures to extract nested blocks to get their individual blocknames and geometries. I've come up with an autocad workaround which supports our workflow. I save a copies of the feature drawing and in each one isolated a different pipe network by deleting the remaining. I'm able to read the attributes I need as efficiently as before with the 2 readers. I'm sure the question will be relevant or viable in future more complicated workbenches but for now I've solved it. Please accept my apology for the redundancy and consider this a trial question to see if I could pose it in the correct manner. Any comments about my workbench efficiency would be appreciated. With Kind regards, Derek.