Question

How to write an HTTP CALLER response body to a CSV writter?

• 10 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I'm running a workspace with a creator→hhtpcaller and I would like to have the response saved into a new csv (excel) file as a regular table format. 

This is the API as reference: 

https://datos.cdmx.gob.mx/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=casos-asociados-a-covid-19&q=&rows=10000&facet=fecha_actualizacion&facet=id_registro&facet=origen&facet=sector&facet=entidad_um&facet=sexo&facet=entidad_nac&facet=entidad_res&facet=municipio_res&facet=tipo_paciente&facet=fecha_ingreso&facet=fecha_def&facet=edad&facet=nacionalidad&facet=embarazo&facet=habla_lengua_indi&facet=diabetes&facet=epoc&facet=asma&facet=inmusupr&facet=hipertension&facet=cardiovascular&facet=obesidad&facet=renal_cronica&facet=tabaquismo&facet=negativo&facet=migrante&facet=pais_nacionalidad&facet=rango_edad&facet=positivo&facet=pendiente&refine.entidad_res=GUANAJUATO 

Do you guys know what can I do?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @armando_amador

The transformer HttpCaller generates json attribute.

There is a interesting link about Tutorial-getting-started-with-json .

Is necessary to use transformers for json:

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Userlevel 4

In addition to using the HTTPCaller, you can also use the regular JSON reader and point it to the service URL. The reader will automatically analyse and expose all the attributes for you, saving some effort. To prepare the data for CSV or Excel, simply use a ListExploder on the records{} list, as suggested by @danilo_fme

However, if the service endpoints expects you to do paging, i.e. multiple requests in blocks of e.g. 10'000, then the HTTPCaller inside a looping transformer might be more logical.