Question

Indentation issue MSWord

• 28 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, I'm using MSWord Styler to generate a word document in FME desktop. I have a paragraph which I need indented but it has parameters within which can vary in length. Hence line could spill over and does not keep the indentation. Anyone else have this issue? See example of issue below. thanks.

Example

Paragraph construction :

Instructions : Please note if any problems using this application, please contact <Name> <Dept>

for assistance. It is compulsory to use this application going forward for all customer orders

and inquires.

Output as :

Instructions : Please note if any problems using this application, please contact Joe Bloggs, Department of Finance

for assistance. It is compulsory to use this application going forward for all customer orders

and inquires.

2 replies

Badge

Apologies, example lost indentation!!

Example

Paragraph construction :

Instructions : Please note if any problems using this application, please contact <Name> <Dept>

and inquires.

Output as :

Instructions : Please note if any problems using this application, please contact Joe Bloggs,

Department of Finance

and inquires.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @jwcc

I'm not certain if I understand your requirements correctly but it sounds like you want to create a paragraph that is entirely indented?

If this is the case, then I would recommend creating a base Word file that has an indented style and specifying this base file in the Base Microsoft Word File parameter in the Word writer. In the MSWordStyler, please specify the indented style. The paragraph you are adding should be indented as specified by the base Word document style.

I have attached an example workspace that demonstrates this approach. indentedparagraphword.fmwt

In this example I modified the Normal style to be indented 1cm on the left and specified the font to be 12pt Times New Roman. In the MSWordStyler, I specified the Normal style to be used.

I hope this helps.