Solved

Attribute Manager in a loop?

• 2 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi all!

I need the adjacent feature within a loop but I get the error that Attribute Manager is a blocking transformer and therefore it won't work.

I use blocking transformers in linked custom transformers all the time and it works fine.

Is there a particular reason that you can't use the Attribute Manager within a loop?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by jatoxa 2 December 2018, 20:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I don't think the AttributeManager is a blocking transformer per se, but it might be treated as such if you use the adjacent feature option. Could you elaborate on what you're trying to do?

Badge +2

Hi @redgeographics

Thanks for replying.

I think you're right but I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to use the same approach as when I use other blocking transformers.

I have several z-values that I need to subtract from each other in pairs. So I wanted to subtract the second value from the first value, the third value from the second value etc.

However I found out I didn't have to include the AttributeManager in the loop.

Badge +2

I don't think the AttributeManager is a blocking transformer per se, but it might be treated as such if you use the adjacent feature option. Could you elaborate on what you're trying to do?

Hi @redgeographics

Thanks for replying.

I think you're right but I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to use the same approach as when I use other blocking transformers.

I have several z-values that I need to subtract from each other in pairs. So I wanted to subtract the second value from the first value, the third value from the second value etc.

However I found out I didn't have to include the AttributeManager in the loop.

Userlevel 4

A possible workaround might be to use the VariableSetter / VariableRetriever transformers.