Question

Processing OS ITN data for use in ESRI's Network Analyst

I want to generate a service area using Ordnance Survey's ITN Roads and ITN Urban Paths data. I have a licence for Esri's Network Analyst, but not for their Productivity Suite, which would allow me to convert the data into something that Network Analyst can use. Is there any way I can convert the ITN data using FME or to be able to perform this analysis using FME?

Many thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi

It's certainly possible to read ITN data with FME. I just downloaded the demo dataset to try it out.

There are lots of options from there. You could convert the data into Geodatabase - for example - for loading into Esri tools.

There are also FME transformers for networks, such as the ShortestPathFinder and the NetworkCostCalculator. The NetworkCostCalculator is what I believe you might use to 'generate a service area', though I'm not really sure what that means exactly.

In short - yes you can convert or use this with FME. For more information please do follow up here, or contact our support team who would be glad to help (http://www.safe.com/support) and might even be able to set up a demo for you.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mark Ireland

Product Evangelist

Safe Software Inc.
Badge +2

Hi

It's certainly possible to read ITN data with FME. I just downloaded the demo dataset to try it out.

There are lots of options from there. You could convert the data into Geodatabase - for example - for loading into Esri tools.

There are also FME transformers for networks, such as the ShortestPathFinder and the NetworkCostCalculator. The NetworkCostCalculator is what I believe you might use to 'generate a service area', though I'm not really sure what that means exactly.

In short - yes you can convert or use this with FME. For more information please do follow up here, or contact our support team who would be glad to help (http://www.safe.com/support) and might even be able to set up a demo for you.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mark Ireland

Product Evangelist

Safe Software Inc.

FME Reads ITN just fine - but there'll need to be some additional processing to build the full network into the required output format e.g. turn restrictions, one way streets etc.