Solved

Support Esri ArcGIS Pro Annotation

• 17 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Hello

First off all, I'm sorry for my English.

I'm working with annotations with different textsizes, rotation, horizontal- and vertical alignments in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3. I have to import and export this annotations to another format (Interlis) as a point feature class. ArcGIS Pro uses a different annotation format (compared to ArcGIS for Desktop).

I can import a file to the file-geodatabase in the "old" annotation format (ArcGIS Desktop) and then i can upgrade it with python. So that's not a big problem.

But I can't export the annotations. The File Geodb reader doesn't recognize the annotations of ArcGIS Pro. With the Open API reader, I can import the annotations as a polygon. But i need a point and the point doesn't have to be in the center of the polygon (alignments). Is there any workaround? I'm a beginner in FME. Or are there any plans to implement the support of the ArcGIS Pro Annotation? (How long does it take?)

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 4 February 2020, 20:12

View original

9 replies

Badge +3

The solution might be in using the Esri Filegeodatabase reader instead of using the open API reader.

The solution might be in using the Esri Filegeodatabase reader instead of using the open API reader.

Maybe I expressed myself in a misleading way.

First, I tried to use the Esri Filegeodatabase reader. But it didn't recognize the annotations. I couldn't add them with "import feature types".

After that, I tried the other one (open API). There I could add them, but only as polygons.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

The team is working on reading ArcGIS Pro annotations right now. This will appear in an FME 2019 beta at some point. I'll ask them to post here when it does. It is true that until then, it is not possible (as far as I know) to read ArcGIS Pro annotations with FME, no matter what reader. And once we do have it, you'll only be able to read them if you are running FME on a computer with ArcGIS Pro installed on it.

The team is working on reading ArcGIS Pro annotations right now. This will appear in an FME 2019 beta at some point. I'll ask them to post here when it does. It is true that until then, it is not possible (as far as I know) to read ArcGIS Pro annotations with FME, no matter what reader. And once we do have it, you'll only be able to read them if you are running FME on a computer with ArcGIS Pro installed on it.

Thank you for the answer. Then I have to wait.

Hi @daleatsafe, just wondering if this functionality made it's way into the current FME 2019 Beta before I download and install.

Badge +10

As it currently stands, this will not be in the FME 2019.0 release. We are hoping to add this functionality in a future release.

We will update this post when this capability has been addressed.

Badge

As it currently stands, this will not be in the FME 2019.0 release. We are hoping to add this functionality in a future release.

We will update this post when this capability has been addressed.

From the release notes it appears this was not addressed in 2019.1. Can you give any indication when this will be available? Thanks.

Badge +6

Hello @rephil,

ArcGIS Pro Annotation reading is now supported in FME 2020.0 B20161+. You can find the FME 2020.0 beta here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

As it stands we currently only support Reading ArcGIS Pro Annotation, if you would like to see Writing ArcGIS Pro Annotations as well, please let us know.

Hello @rephil,

ArcGIS Pro Annotation reading is now supported in FME 2020.0 B20161+. You can find the FME 2020.0 beta here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

As it stands we currently only support Reading ArcGIS Pro Annotation, if you would like to see Writing ArcGIS Pro Annotations as well, please let us know.

That's great news, thanks!

Writing ArcGIS Pro annotation would be really useful too, but being able to read them helps a lot already.