Question

Oracle Sql Query from Oracle Database to extract data

• 21 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello All,

I am using Oracle SQL query to extract data of my interest from the Oracle database. Please advise. I am trying to use SQL Creator and SQL Executor but no luck. Please advise. Thanks

4 replies

Badge +11
Hi @gsgoraya what is the SQL query you are trying to run? And what is the resulting error or problem you are encountering?

Badge +10

Make sure you're not including ; at the end of your sql statement

Userlevel 4

@egomm is spot on for the first thing to check.

If that's not it, please post the relevant part of your log file here so we can see what the trouble is.

Badge +2

@gsgoraya, If you like, you can use an Oracle non-spatial reader to read any non-spatial table you are interested in. If you want to fetch the results of a user made query, you can use any table (I alway use the DUAL table from Oracle) and after the feature type is in the cancas, you can lookup the feature type in the Navigator pane and select Parameters and Format and Select Statement. Enter the query you wish to execute (indeed, without the semicolon) in the parameter field. In the latter case you have to put an AttributeExposer transformer in the workspace naming all columns in the query result to expose them as attributes.