Question

Picking Points interactively on Image

Hi FMErs,

I've a scenerio in which I've to cut a raster into multiple parts. Easy stuff, by using clipper / Raster Clipper. The hard part is, user needs to pick the center point of the Clip Interactively. Any thoughts on how can we do it, one option is to use python scripting..... which I'm not good at (can someone point me to right path for this please).

Regards.

6 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

CenterPointReplacer will extract the center point and CoordinateExtractor will extract the coordinates. Output has to be routed back with Featuremerger.

Hope this will help.

Pratap
Hi there,

Its not the question of center point of the Image, the canter point is of the clipped boundary..... which the user want to place interactively.

Regards
Badge +2
Hi,

:) Is it possible to decide before and supply the center point as input?

Pratap
Hi Pratap,

Thats the point, it needs to be interactive.The user wants to pick AOIs interactively based on the scenarios presented by the Image i.e. Image quality, Imformation distribution, cloud cover etc.

Regards.

Badge +3
I think you will have to indeed go javascript (or others) to do that.
Hi,

To give you the idea, this process is a small part of a large process. these points are center points for gruber areas. And these gruber area are going to be used in CV (Computer Vision) to kind of register and extract portions of Rasters from other images (multi res and multi band).

Hope now you understand complete idea behind it.......

Also can we direcly work with OGC GDAL in FME?

Regards.