Question

Multiple AutoCAD layers to one MapInfo table

• 29 November 2012
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

I have a AutoCAD file that is incorrectly georeferenced.  Is there a way to translate the .dwg so that the result is only one MapInfo table?  I've done the "Quick Translation" and I end up with 92 different MapInfo tables.  I'd like be able to have just one layer that I can "select all" from and drag to the correct (relatively) location.  Is there a way to do this?

4 replies

Badge +1
Yes - when adding the autocad reader, choose 'single merged feature type' on the workflow options.
But make sure, that all your input feature types have the same attributes and parameter setting, otherwise not all the data will fit into your destination schema..
You could also use the Offsetter to shift the data to the relative location, this way you could keep all of the layer separate.
Badge +10
Also, if you use the FeatureTypeExtractor to extract the origin layer name into an attribute, once you have manually moved all the features (if for some reason you can't effectively use a combination of the OffSetter and the Scaler to do this in your process)... when you want to split your data up again back to the original multi layered structure, you can just use the destination "fanout" option to recreate all your original layers.