Question

FME Weekly Quiz: Can you outscore Chris Scrimgeour? (July 2020-1)

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello everyone,

Here is today's quiz and this week your challenger is Chris Scrimgeour.

Chris is a developer on the platforms team at Safe, once called the PB&J team because they work on Building FME on different Platforms, especially for Java-based formats (if I remember correctly).

So Chris makes sure that FME performs the same, regardless of the platform, but I know he is a particular expert in Linux systems. I'm sure he's also a board game fan, because we once had a conversation about what FME: The Board Game would look like!

He's worked with Safe for quite a long time now, so I'm expecting a good score from him!

As always, the link is: https://demos-safe-software.fmecloud.com/fmeserver/apps/FMEQuiz

9 replies

Badge +22

So I don't know about anyone else, but my log files don't contain a copyright statement.

Badge +11

So I don't know about anyone else, but my log files don't contain a copyright statement.

I couldn't find it either

Badge +22

I found the answer, just not in the logfiles...

Badge +11

5/6 but I did not receive the typical landing page.

Badge +11

I found the answer, just not in the logfiles...

the same here

Badge +22

5/6 but I did not receive the typical landing page.

That's because Chris didn't enter the 'right' username.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

That's because Chris didn't enter the 'right' username.

Correct. I just fixed it so it'll work from now on. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

That's very odd. Neither do I, and yet I'm sure I saw that somewhere in the log. Anyway, I've changed the question from Log to Command Line, which is definitely true! Apologies for the confusion.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

So I don't know about anyone else, but my log files don't contain a copyright statement.

OK, from the command line it's this:

C:\Users\MIreland>fme
                FME 2019.1.3.1 (20191019 - Build 19643 - WIN64)
                   FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)                                          Machine host name is: iMark
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 10 Server 4.0 64-bit  (Build 14393)
                 Copyright (c) XXXX - 2019, Safe Software Inc.
                               Safe Software Inc.

I could swear that it was in the log. Sorry, I must be going a little strange in my old age.