Solved

Revit support in FME Desktop

• 16 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I've a large installed base of Revit with versions from 2016 to 2018 and one of the worst problems we are dealing with is the incompatibility between these versions. I would like to know if FME Destkop can act as an intermediary in order to read from one version and write to a different one. Maybe the plugin for Revit and the rvz format could be the solution, but I'm not sure about this (I didn't have explored this). Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 16 February 2018, 18:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jcglez2,

FME can currently only read Revit data (through the RVZ exporter). We are working on adding both direct Revit reading and writing, but this is a long term project.

Badge +11

Hi @jcglez2,

FME can currently only read Revit data (through the RVZ exporter). We are working on adding both direct Revit reading and writing, but this is a long term project.

Hi @DaveAtSafe,

the docs for the Revit reader (exporter) only indicate support for Revit 64-bit versions 2013-2016, however, this link (https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/38293/fme-exporter-for-revit-2017.html) indicates that 2017 is supported. Can Safe please advise which versions of Revit are currently supported with the Exporter in FME 2018.1?

Can the docs please be updated to reflect currently supported versions?

thanks,

Nic

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi @DaveAtSafe,

the docs for the Revit reader (exporter) only indicate support for Revit 64-bit versions 2013-2016, however, this link (https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/38293/fme-exporter-for-revit-2017.html) indicates that 2017 is supported. Can Safe please advise which versions of Revit are currently supported with the Exporter in FME 2018.1?

Can the docs please be updated to reflect currently supported versions?

thanks,

Nic

Hi @nic_ran,

The FME 2018.1 Exporter should run in Revit 2018. I will try to get the docs updated, but we should have direct Revit reading for FME 2019. The current Revit reader in FME can also read IFC files, so Revit's built-in IFC exporter is a good alternative for those using Revit 2019.

Badge +11
Hi @nic_ran,

The FME 2018.1 Exporter should run in Revit 2018. I will try to get the docs updated, but we should have direct Revit reading for FME 2019. The current Revit reader in FME can also read IFC files, so Revit's built-in IFC exporter is a good alternative for those using Revit 2019.

Thanks @DaveAtSafe