Question

SVG Writer, how to generate a svg with a 1,1 scale

• 10 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am new to FME, so I'm asking just in case someone faced the same problem as I do.

I am trying to convert an autocad DWG file to an SVG file.

I succeeded in generating the SVG by mapping an autocad reader to an SVG writer, but the generated SVG contains a transformation :

<g fill="none" stroke="black" stroke-width="0.885356531023703" transform="translate(0,6886.85) scale(1, -1)">

My svg is consummed by a js componnent which doesn't support scales other than (1,1)

I tried to use a scaler transformer with 1x/-1y factors but it was unsuccessful

Is there any way to fix this ?

4 replies

Badge +6

Hello @b_lec

One thought that might work for the Scaling factor is to try and use the rotator. Are you able to try that? If that does not work, you can submit a support case and we can take a more in-depth look at this.

Hello @b_lec

One thought that might work for the Scaling factor is to try and use the rotator. Are you able to try that? If that does not work, you can submit a support case and we can take a more in-depth look at this.

@trentarsafe : scale (1,-1) is more a mirror translation than a rotation, so I don't think rotator will do the job

Badge +2
@trentarsafe : scale (1,-1) is more a mirror translation than a rotation, so I don't think rotator will do the job

Hi @b_lec I think we'll need to work with you further on this scenario. Would you mind getting in touch with us directly through a case, and include your workspace and source data? Thank you!

Hi @b_lec I think we'll need to work with you further on this scenario. Would you mind getting in touch with us directly through a case, and include your workspace and source data? Thank you!

@XiaomengAtSafe

Just opened a case and here are my workspace / source dwg : acad2svg.zip