Question

Revit BIM model file .rvt to Multpatch .gdb file conversion

• 12 September 2018
  • 1 reply

We have REVIT model file .rvt and we need to convert Multipatch (3d) .gdb file. Can you help me reagarding this conversion. if you have any demo video's conversion of .rvt to Multipatch .gdb file. So we need to open in ArcGis pro and share the 3D data in ArcGis web portal

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @vkboppana,

Unfortunately, .rvt is not on FME's list of supported formats. It looks like the best option is to use the FME Exporter for Revit to export your model and read it into FME using the RVZ Reader then write to .gdb using a File Geodatabase Writer. If you would like to see support for reading .rvt models directly into FME, I would encourage you to upvote this suggestion on the Ideas page.

Additionally, I found a similar Q&A; post called Revit to GIS gdb, have you seen the suggestions provided there? Do the linked resources help get you started?

It might also be helpful to check out the articles with the Multipatch topic as they provide some tips for styling and orienting features.

Lastly, check out the BIM to GIS webinar (~26 min mark shows a very simple Revit to Geodatabase conversion) and the BIM workflows webinar for additional workflows and techniques (~43 min mark breaks down a more complex conversion).

Hope this helps.

- Chris