Question

Export linkage data from DGN

• 29 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a DGN file (Microstation v8) which stores spatial data elements (elements with XY coordinates). The elements are linked to an external database. I need to export the data from DGN file and join the exported data with its associated data in external database. I am using FME workbench with reader format as "Bentley MicroStation Design (V8)" and writer format as GeoJSON.

When I redirect my output to FME data inspector, I see the linkage data in a field called "igds_linkage{0}.blob (encoded: fme-binary)". Sample value for this field is E06E00000000000000000000. The actual link value in the external database for this element is 28384 which is 6EE0 in Hex. I can get the same value by swapping the first two bytes of igds_linkage data i.e. from E06E to 6EE0.

Now, my issue is that this data is visible in data inspector only. How do I export it into my output GeoJSON file?

The field "igds_linkage{0}.blob" is a Format attribute of type char(255). I've checked the exposed checbox for this field into Reader Feature Type property window and mapped to a field in writer. But, I cannot get this data into my output file.

Can someone please help what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amar

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @amargupta,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question - I've tried to do something similar here. I used an AttributeFileReader to read in a file an a binary HEX string. I also called it igds_linkage{0}.blob and the output GeoJSON seemed ok with it (was in my output file). I also renamed the output attribute and didn't have any issue. I was running FME 2018.

Are you able to do something similar? If so then perhaps there is something that needs to be configured slightly different. Perhaps you can share a small example where you are having the problem?