Question

FME Server and SDE

• 11 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi All,

I have just installed FME Server on a machine here at work (Build 13545) with only one engine - pretty simple huh?

Well all is going fine so far, a test workbench which reads a TAB stored in a network location reads fine and writes to a local CSV.  All good there.

Then I upload a workbench which also writes a CSV locally, but reads from the Corporate SDE.  Chaos ensues...  The error message I am getting says:

"Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. This is a 64-bit version of FME which requires a 64-bit version of ArcGIS Server"

The issue is that ArcGIS Server IS 64 bit...

Any suggestions?

2 replies

Hi,

You have to install the same bit-version of FME and ArcGIS. If you have installed a 64bit FME Server you need ArcGIS for Server 10.1.

Have a look here.

Thomas
Badge
Thanks for the link Thomas but during my investigation of the issue I had come across it and determined that my setup fell within acceptable configuration parameters.

FME server 2013 SP4 build 13545 win64

OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Server 4.0, Enterprise Edition 64 bit SP1 (build 7601)

SQL Server client installed is SQL server 2008 Native Client 64bit v10.0.1600.22

Target Esri Geodatabse environment is created using ArcGIS 10.1

the actual error message reads:

Unable to perform any licensing related tasks.  This is a 64-bit version of FME which requires a 64-bit version of ArcGIS Server

I can post the log file if it will help...